Friday, October 26, 2012

what a dip!

I went to a work party and had to come up with something quick to make. I remembered seeing this on Pinterest:

veggies and dip in their own edible cup (from here)

I picked up some bread, spinach and artichoke dip (I know, I know, I should've made my own, but I spent all last night sewing Ghostbusters patches onto multiple jumpsuits), and veggies, and created this:

veggie monsters! (the eyes are celery slices)
(these were the last 2, and pardon the photo - I just used my old phone)

THEN, I realized what a disservice I did to everyone, my veggie monsters included. I could have made them be veggie crabs and use a crab dip instead! Next time I will:

- buy a baguette or 2
- make this crab dip (maybe add 4-8 oz sour cream to make it a bit creamier)
- get some carrot chips, and cut a notch out of each of them
- get some broccoli crowns, and tear them apart

and make a veggie crab!

"Yar, I'll be a hit at any party!"

No comments:

Post a Comment