Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Crab Snacks

I feel a little bad for bragging about all the crab I got to eat in the last post, and I realize not everyone can get fresh crab that easily (kind of like getting crispy fresh apples in Juneau).

Show off!

To inspire crab love and crab eating, but minus the crunchy critters, here are some examples of crab-themed snacks to go with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert!

A crab apple! (we all know I love a good crab apple reference)
This red delicious fellow has half an apple, 2 (or 3) strawberries,
and some marshmallows, though I would use banana slices and
blueberries for eyes to keep it fresh and yummy!

Is it a crabwich, or a crabssant?
Either way, he can have whatever sammy filling you like,
plus rock some carrot stick legs, some cheesey eyes,
and some red pepper claws. Delicious!

Remember the little octopus-dog from this post?
Well, with a little clever cutting, you can get not only
2 octopus from one hot dog, but also 2 little crab friends!

Last but not least: a crab cupcake topper!
Those orange slice candies both delight me and
make my teeth hurt - but it's so cute!
(see this post for other crab cake toppers)

I hope you enjoy your crabby snacks! Let me know if you try any of these or if you make other crab-themed treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment