Friday, July 27, 2012

London Olympics 2012

Who else is excited for the Olympics this year!?!? I love watching all the competitions, cheering for pretty much any and every athlete out there. I especially love the swim competitions and track and field since those were my sports in high school (remember the swim team picture from this post?).


In honor of the Olympics, I tried to find a London-inspired crab recipe for you all to enjoy. I'm not sure if the recipe I chose is true to London or the UK, but I do know it's from the Two Fat Ladies (who I grew up watching and just adore), so that's got to be good enough! Please enjoy this dish featuring our denizens from the deep:

Crab, Corn, and Coriander Fritters
(from the Fish and Shellfish episode)

Ingredients:
6 ears fresh sweet corn
3 ounces crab meat
1 medium onion, grated
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 ounces flour
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Peanut oil (although I'm sure vegetable oil will do)

Directions:
1. Cut the corn kernels from the cob with a sharp knife. Mix together all the ingredients except the oil. Cover and refrigerate for at least half a day.

2. Heat a spoonful of oil in a frying pan and drop in tablespoons of the crab mixture. Fry in batches briskly until brown and flip and cook the other side. Drain the fritters on paper towels and keep warm until all are cooked.

3. Serve as soon as possible. I bet Jennifer would enjoy these with a good stout beer and Clarissa would wash them down with some tasty tea.

"Grab that crab, Clarissa!"

No comments:

Post a Comment